These pumpkin cream cheese brownies are one of the best pumpkin desserts you can prepare during the fall season. They are moist and fudgy, rich and chocolatey and bursting with flavor. If you love chocolate and pumpkin desserts then these brownies are the right recipe for you.
These pumpkin brownies consist of a dense chocolate brownie layer at the bottom with a generous pumpkin cream cheese layer on top that beautifully swirls into the brownie layer. It looks so impressive and is simply irresistible.
How to make pumpkin cream cheese brownies.
The recipe for these brownies is really easy and quick. First, prepare the brownie batter. For this make sure you use good-quality semisweet chocolate and cocoa powder. Their flavor is really important to get the best results.
Reserve about half of cup of brownie batter and pour the rest into the prepared pan.
Now it’s time to prepare the pumpkin cream cheese layer. Mix the cream cheese with sugar and egg. Incorporate the pumpkin puree and spices. Spoon the pumpkin cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie layer. Spoon the remaining brownie batter. Use a knife or skewer to create swirls.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes with few moist crumbs attached. Let the brownies cool completely before serving.
For the pumpkin desserts, I like to prepare my pumpkin puree. I usually roast it in the oven but you can also consider steaming or boiling it. I like to do this in advance, let it cool and puree it and then freeze it in small batches until needed.
If you like the pumpkin and chocolate combination you may also like this Marbled Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake. This Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse Cake is one of my favorite pumpkin desserts as well, very delicate and elegant. Let’s don’t forget about this Semi-Naked Pumpkin Chocolate Cake with its beautiful chocolate leaf decoration. You can also whip a batch of these Pumpkin Mocha Cupcakes with Toasted Meringue that have an amazing flavor and texture.
With Thanksgiving fast approaching, you may like to add these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies to your Thanksgiving dinner table. Everybody will be delighted and ask for more.
Hope you will give this brownies a try and let me know if you do. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies
- 2 oz (60g) semisweet chocolate (55-70%) , for melting
- 2 oz (60g) semisweet chocolate (55-70%) , chips or cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter
- 2/3 cup (135g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (8g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Layer
- 8 oz (230g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 2/3 cup (160g) pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp (2g) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1g) ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1g) nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1g) cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Butter the sides and bottom of a 8-inch (20cm) springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Place 2 oz (60g) semisweet chocolate and butter in a medium bowl and melt over a bain-marie, occasionally stirring, until smooth. Stir in the sugar, then remove the bowl from the pan. Cool slightly.
- Incorporate the eggs one at a time into the mixture and whisk until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract and salt. Then add the cocoa powder and flour and stir well.
- Fold in the remaining 2 oz (60g) chocolate chips or pieces.
- Reserve about ½ cup (120g) of batter for later and pour the rest in the prepared pan.
Prepare cream cheese pumpkin layer.
- Add cream cheese into a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Add sugar and egg and mix to combine.
- Add pumpkin puree and mix to combine. Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves and mix to combine.
- Add spoons of cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter. Add teaspoons of reserved brownie on top. Use a skewer to create swirls.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it.
- Remove the brownie from the oven and cool completely before serving.
- Keep the leftovers at room temperature for no more than 2 days and refrigerated for up to 4-5 days. Enjoy!