- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake
Apple Crisp Pancakes
Watch the video for this recipe:
When I saw this idea of adding a streusel topping over the pancakes I really wanted to give them a try. Apples are one of my family favorites so this apple crisp pancakes sounded like a wonderful healthy delicious treat.
I must say these apple crisp pancakes are the best pancakes I have ever had.They are really fluffy and so flavorful, with chunks of soft apples inside and the best part of all is the crispy streusel topping. The sugar gets caramelized and crispy while cooking. Such a great texture and taste, I will be making these again and again.
Whenever you are craving for pancakes I highly recommend these delicious recipe. They are so good that you can even serve them as they are without any maple syrup or whipped cream on top though any of these toppings would make them even more tempting.
Recipe slightly adapted after BettyCrocker
- Makes about 8 pancakes
- Streusel Topping
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) oats
- 3 tbsp (45g) butter
- 1/2 tsp (2g) cinnamon
- Pancakes Batter
- 1 1/4 cups (160g) flour
- 1 tbsp (15g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1 1/2 tsp (6g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2g) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1g) nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (28g) vegetable oil
- 1 cup apple, peeled and diced (about 1 apple))
Prepare the streusel. In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
Prepare the pancake batter. In another bowl, mix flour with sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add egg, milk and oil. Mix until smooth.
Peel and dice the apple and combine with pancake batter.
Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cupful batter onto hot pan. Sprinkle each pancake evenly with 2 tablespoons of Streusel mixture. You can press the streusel slightly to stick better to the pancake. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly on top and dry around edges. Turn and cook on the other side until light golden brown around edges about 2 or 3 minutes more.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, honey, or top with whipped cream.