I usually make homemade waffles almost every week especially during the weekends. They are the kind of comforting dish that everybody love and never get enough with.
This is my favorite homemade waffles recipe so far. The batter is easy to work with and the waffles come out light, crispy and fluffy.
These homemade waffles are best served right away, while they are still a bit crispy on the outside, with a piece of butter and maple syrup or honey. You can always come out with various toppings like softened cream cheese or whipped cream, fresh fruits or jams on top. In any way you choose to serve them they are simply amazing and they are definitely a perfect choice for a quick breakfast or even as dessert.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (8g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 3 tbsp (45g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (480ml) milk
- 2 eggs , separated
- 3 tbsp (45g) butter - melted
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt.
- Separate the eggs. Mix the egg yolks with sugar, butter, vanilla and 1 cup milk. Add flour mixture and mix until well combined. Gradually add the other cup of milk and whisk to combine.
- Whip the egg whites and gently fold them into the yolks mixture.
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray both surfaces with cooking spray or grease with oil. Pour about 1/3 cup batter onto one side of the iron and close it.
- Bake until the iron's indicator light shows that cooking is done and the waffles are golden brown and crisp. It's best to serve them immediately with butter, maple syrup or honey and fruits.