- Veggie Burgers - Sweet Potato Burger Patties
- Double Chocolate Rum Cookies
- Pistachio Raspberry Lime Mousse Cake
- Christmas Wreath - Christmas Braided Bread
- Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Gingerbread Orange Cake Roll
- Cranberry Pistachio Fudge without Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Cake
Bloody Halloween Cake
Watch the video for this recipe:
This Bloody Halloween Cake is actually an amazingly delightful no-bake cheesecake, with one of my favorite flavor combinations, raspberries and mango.
Oreo cookie crust followed by layers of white chocolate mango cream cheese filling with raspberry sauce insert. The cake is then coated in oreo crumbs and decorated with some melted marshmallow strands. Might look a bit creepy but the cheesecake itself is absolutely delicious. Creamy refreshing filling, bursting of fruit flavor that makes a great balance with the crispy crust and oreo coating. Hope you guys try it out and enjoy!
- Makes about 10-12 servings
- Raspberry Sauce
- 10 oz (300g) raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 7 oz (200g) oreo cookies
- 4 tbsp (60g) butter, melted
- White Chocolate Mango Cream Cheese Filling
- 7 oz (200g) white chocolate, small pieces
- 4 tbsp (60g) whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup (360g) mango puree
- 1 tbsp (10g) gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cold water
- 10 oz (300g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 cup (240g) whipping cream (35% fat), chilled
- Oreo Coating
- 5 oz (140g) oreo cookies
- Marshmallow Spider Decoration
- 3.5 oz (100g) marshmallows
- Prepare the raspberry sauce. In a small saucepan add raspberries, sugar and lemon juice and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until thickens. Remove from heat, sieve to remove seeds and set aside to cool down until ready to use.
- Prepare the crust. Line the sides of a round 8 inch (20 cm) springform pan with an acetate sheet and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Place the oreo cookies into the bowl of a food processor and crush until crumbs form. Add melted butter and mix until evenly moistened.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan using the back of a spoon. Set aside until the filling is prepared.
- Prepare the mango cream cheese filling. Place white chocolate and the 4 tbsp of cream into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- Meanwhile dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for about 5 to 10 minutes. Dissolve gelatin over low heat, pour over the melted chocolate. Let cool slightly to room temperature.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Mix in mango puree and melted chocolate.
- In another bowl mix chilled whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the mango cream cheese mixture.
- Spread 1/3 of the filling over the prepared crust. Add spoons of raspberry sauce (about half) over the surface. Use a skewer, toothpick or knife to create swirls. Gently spread another third of cream cheese filling. Add spoons of jam and create swirls. Finally spread the remaining cream cheese filling and smooth the top.
- Cover and refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4-6 hours or better overnight.
- To decorate the cake first coat the cake in oreo crumbs.
- Place marshmallows into a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Use 2 forks and gently apply thin strands of melted marshmallows over the cake. Enjoy!