- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Caramelized Onion Bread
Watch the video for this recipe:
This is by far one of my favorite bread recipes, it is soft and fluffy, the flavor the onions bring makes you want more and more. It smells wonderful while baking and tastes incredible good.
The recipe is easy and takes only few minutes to prepare. This caramelized onion bread is going to be devoured so fast that might need to consider making 2 loaves instead of 1.
- Makes 1 loaf
- Caramelized Onion
- 1 large onion, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onion bulbs, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups (500g) flour
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 25 g fresh yeast (2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast)
- 1 bunch green onion leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cup (320 ml) warm water
- caramelized onion
- In a frying pan heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion until soft and golden brown. Season with salt. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix flour with green onion leaves. Dissolve the fresh yeast with salt and 1/3 cup (80 ml) water and add to the flour mixture. Add the rest of 1 cup (240 ml) water, mix everything together then add caramelized onion and knead until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Cover it and let it sit for about 1 hour at room temperature to rise until doubled in size.
- On a floured surface roll the dough into a loaf. Place in a 6x10 inch (15x25cm) baking tray and leave to rise again for 30 minutes. A regular loaf pan should be as good. Optional sprinkle salt and few green onion chopped leaves on top.
- Preheat oven to 470F (240C). Place a small pot with water at the base of the oven to create steam.
- Bake for 15 minutes with steam then remove the pot with water from the oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 450F (230C) and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Let the bread cool completely before cutting.