Hummus is a traditional Arabic dish, very easy to prepare and really delicious. I made this homemade hummus for the first time and definitely will do it again. It is full of proteins and healthy too.
The flavor of the homemade hummus is absolutely amazing, I like it spread on fresh bread, pita bread and with with falafel.
- 2 cups chickpeas , boiled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup+ 2 tbsp liquid from chickpeas boiled water
- 1/3 cup tahini paste (I've used homemade tahini)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin or more if you like
- I wanted to make my own tahini paste. So to get 1/3 cup tahini paste you need 70 g sesame seeds and 10 ml olive oil. Roast sesame seeds into preheated nonstick frying pan and cook until lightly golden. Stir continuously to prevent burning. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Using a stick blender process seeds with oil until smooth.
- To make the hummus, add all the ingredients in a food processor and blend for 3-5 minutes until homogenous and smooth.