- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake
Cherry Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
I love the look of these layered cakes. Not fancy at all, no need to worry about decoration.. simply add layers of cake between your favorite frosting and voila.. the cake assembling is done in a matter of minutes.
Chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting makes a perfect pair. The "cherries on top of the cake" made it just divine. Try this recipe, I am sure you will love it as much as we did.
- Makes 6 servings
- Cake Layers
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 12 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 7 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- Cherry Syrup
- 1 cup cherries, seeded and puree
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 50-70 ml water
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 250 g Mascarpone
- 250 g light cream cheese
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cherry syrup
- 1 cup cherries, seeded
- Make cake layers: Preheat oven to 375 F (180 C) and grease 3 (7 inch) round pans dishes with butter. Line the bottoms with rounds of parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites from the yolks and add water to egg whites. Whip whites until foamy with a mixer and gradually add the sugar whipping the whole time until it holds very stiff peaks. In a separate bowl mix egg yolks with baking powder. Fold yolks mixture into egg whites. Using a metal spoon, lightly fold in the cocoa powder and flour until combined well. Divide mixture between the 3 pans and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pans. Remove parchment paper and let them cool completely at room temperature on a rack.
- Meanwhile prepare the cherry syrup. Combine pureed cherries with sugar and water and bring to boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat. It results a thick syrup. Let cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting. In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
- When layers are cool enough punch them with a toothpick from place to place. Add 3 tbsp of syrup on top of the surface of each layer and allow syrup to moist the layers.
- Split the frosting in 3 and assemble the cake. Garnish with cherries on top.