- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Homemade Tagliatelle with Tomato Sauce
Have you ever tried homemade pasta? No store-bought pasta could compare with them. You might think it is hard to make homemade pasta from scratch especially if you don't have a pasta machine. I will show you how you can make some homemade tagliatelle with no machine.. all you need is a rolling pin and a good knife.
Once the homemade tagliatelle are done, add a delicious homemade sauce and you will have a delightful lunch or dinner you and your family or guests can hardly forget.
This homemade sauce is just one of the ideas you can use for the homemade tagliatelle. It is made using a lot of fresh vegetables and chicken. It is a delicious, flavorful sauce, served right away over the homemade tagliatelle. Sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan on top and you'll get a a wonderful, comforting dish.
- Makes 4-5 servings
- Homemade Tagliatelle
- 2 eggs
- 7 oz (200 g) flour
- Tomato Sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup celery root, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1/2 chicken breast, cut in small pieces
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- basil leaves, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- grated Parmesan
- Put the eggs in the middle of the flour. Using a fork, mix the egg gradually with the flour. Work the dough with your hands until it gets elastic. Divide the dough in two or three parts and work them separately. Roll each part as thin as you can using your rolling pin, forming a rectangle. Dust the sheet with flour, roll and start cutting the tagliatelle with a sharp knife. when you unroll the noodles they are the full length of the sheet. Let the tagliatelle dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Cook tagliatelle in salted boiling water until al dente, 3–4 minutes.
- Heat oil in a heavy large saucepan. Add onion, cook for 5 minutes until soft. Stir in carrot, garlic, celery root and bell pepper, cook for another 5 minutes . Add the chicken and cook until the meat has lost its raw color. Add paprika, stir and then add the tomatoes, 1 cup of water, salt, pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, cover and simmer until there is no water left. Add the chopped basil few minutes before is done .
- Serve with freshly grated cheese.