This Chicken Alfredo Pasta is a rich and comforting dish, a classic Italian-American dish that is sure to please everybody with its creamy texture and delightful combination of tender chicken and fettuccine pasta. This delicious dish combines a creamy Alfredo sauce made from butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese with perfectly cooked fettuccine pasta. The chicken adds a tasty meaty flavor that goes really well with the creamy sauce.
What’s great about this version is the fettuccine pasta, which soaks up the sauce really well. The fettuccine’s texture offers a slight chewiness, providing a delightful contrast to the smoothness of the sauce and chicken. So, every bite you take is full of flavor!
Chicken Alfredo Pasta is perfect for family dinners or when you want to impress your friends. It’s a fancy dish, but it’s actually very easy to make. Everyone will love it for sure!
Whether you eat it on its own or with a simple salad and a glass of wine, this dish will make you feel warm and happy. So, if you’re in the mood for something special and tasty, try this Chicken Alfredo Pasta with fettuccine. You won’t be disappointed!
How to make Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Start by preparing the pasta. Cook it in salted water following the package instructions until it’s al-dente. Once ready, drain the pasta, but remember to save a cup of pasta water for later use.
Next, it’s time to prepare the chicken. Take the chicken breast and pound it to an even thickness of about ½-inch (1cm). Season both sides of the chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Heat a little oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and add the seasoned chicken. Cook it for around 4-6 minutes on each side until it turns a golden brown and check if it’s thoroughly cooked. Let it rest for about 5 minutes while you prepare the sauce.
Now, prepare the Alfredo sauce. In the same skillet, melt two tablespoons of butter over medium heat and add the garlic. After a few seconds, while scraping the skillet’s bottom, pour in the cream and add dried basil and oregano. Allow the mixture to simmer for approximately 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and add grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until the cheese is completely melted.
Add the cooked fettuccine pasta directly into the sauce and toss it all together to coat the noodles evenly. If needed, add the reserved pasta water gradually until you achieve your desired consistency for the sauce.
To finish off, cut the cooked chicken into slices and arrange them beautifully on top of the pasta. Sprinkle some more grated Parmesan and add fresh parsley for an extra burst of flavor and color.
Now, the moment you’ve been waiting for – enjoy your Chicken Alfredo Pasta immediately! Savor the creamy goodness and the delightful combination of flavors.
Hope you will try this easy recipe and make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram if you do.
Other pasta recipes you may like to try
This Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is a delectable fusion of classic Caesar salad and savory chicken pasta, creating a mouthwatering dish that tantalizes both pasta and salad lovers. It combines the rich flavors of chicken, al dente pasta, crisp lettuce, golden bread croutons and a creamy Caesar dressing,
These Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells are a great choice for family or entertaining guests, and they always make an impressive presentation. They are perfect for those days when you want to whip up a delicious and easy meal that everyone will love.
This Broccoli and Prosciutto Pasta recipe is easy and quick, it takes no more than 15 minutes to prepare and is really delicious and healthy. It can make a perfect lunch or dinner for all the family.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Pasta ai Quattro Formaggi
Mediterranean Summer Pasta Salad
Classic Bolognese Sauce
Spaghetti with Baked Meatballs
Smoked Salmon Carbonara
Macaroni and Cheese
Chicken Stir-Fry Noodles
Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 9 oz (250g) Fettuccine pasta
For the Chicken
- 1 tbsp (14g) olive oil
- 1 pound (450g) chicken breasts , skinless, boneless
- garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 cup (240g) cooking cream
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan cheese , finely grated
- salt and pepper to taste
For Sprinkling on Top
- fresh parsley
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
Prepare the pasta.
- Cook the pasta in salted water until al-dente according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and reserve a cup of pasta water for later use.
Prepare the chicken.
- Pound the chicken breast to about ½-inch (1cm) even thickness. Season the chicken on both sides with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil into a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for about 4-6 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for another 4-6 minutes until golden brown. Check if the chicken is cooked through.
- Set aside to rest for about 5 minutes until you prepare the sauce.
Prepare the Alfredo Sauce.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, melt two tablespoons of butter and add the garlic.
- Cook for a few seconds, while scraping the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the cream and dried basil and oregano.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add the fettuccine pasta over the sauce and toss to coat. Gradually add the pasta cooking water as needed to get the desired consistency.
- Slice the chicken into slides and arrange on top of the pasta. Sprinkle some more grated Parmesan, olive oil and add fresh parsley.
- Enjoy immediately!