- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Lentil Cream Soup
I started to eat lentils only few years ago and I really love it's flavor and most of all its benefits. Since then I try to include lentils in our menu as often as possible. Yellow, red, green.. all are great. For this soup the red ones go perfect as they tend to boil easier and get creamier.
Hot, creamy and flavorful lentil soup, just perfect for cold days. An excellent combination if served with lemon wedges, bread toast and mint.
- Makes about 6 servings
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium size carrot, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 parsley root, diced
- 1/4 small celery root, peeled and diced
- 4 cups homemade vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- dry mint, to taste
- freshly- ground black pepper, to taste
- sea salt
- lemon to serve
- In a stock pot heat oil over medium-low heat. Cook onion, garlic,carrot, celery, parsley, red pepper and saute for about 5 minutes.Add paprika, cumin, dried mint, tomato and lentils and stir.
- Add the vegetable soup and bring to boil. Reduce heat, add basil, chili pepper and bay leaf, cover, and simmer until lentils are very tender to bite.
- Puree soup with a stick blender or food processor until smooth and strain it through a sieve. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the hot soup into warmed bowls and garnish with dried mint, cumin seeds, red chilli pepper slices and sour cream or yogurt. Serve with lemon wedges and toasted bread or bread croutons.