- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Marbled Icing Sugar Cookies
Watch the video for this recipe:
If you are searching for some easy Christmas cookie recipe but with an impressive look these Marbled Icing Sugar Cookies might be a great choice.
I simply fell in love with these amazing marbled icing effect. I never really enjoyed icing cookies until I discovered this marbled effect. It goes quick, it is easy and the cookies look absolutely fabulous.
- Makes about 30 cookies
- Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- Royal Icing
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp (3ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1g) almond extract
- red food coloring
- green food coloring
- In a medium bowl combine flour with baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl mix butter and sugar at medium-high speed until light and creamy. Add egg and beat until smooth. Beat in vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, press to form a disk and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or if in a hurry freeze for 30 mins. The dough needs to be cold for easier rolling as this help the cookies keep their shape.
- Preheat oven to 375 F(190C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the dough 1/8 to ¼ inch (3-6 mm) thick. Use Christmas cookie cutters and place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets. Re-roll scraps and repeat.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until lightly golden brown on the edges.
- Let them cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets; remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- Prepare royal icing. Mix egg white until foamy. Add powdered sugar and mix on low until combined. Add lemon juice and almond extract and continue mixing until white and glossy.
- Put about 2 tbsp of icing into a small bowl and add red food coloring. Put another 2 tbsp of icing into a small bowl and add green food coloring.
- If icing seems too thick add about ¼ tsp of water.
- Place the white icing into a bowl and drizzle some red and green icing on top. Use a toothpick to create a marble effect. Dip cookies in the marbled icing, shake, clean the edges using a knife or simply a toothpick and place on a rack to let the icing set.
- Add more green and red icing on top of the white icing and repeat until all cookies are done.
- Let the icing set and enjoy. The cookies freeze well.