There is no doubt that these Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups are going to be an impressive dessert to your Christmas table. Not only do they look amazing and festive but they are absolutely heavenly, rich, chocolaty and bursting with flavor.
These Cookie Cups consist of a chocolaty and chewy soft cookie crust filled with chocolate ganache and topped with a smooth and creamy Mascarpone and pistachio filling that makes them simply irresistible.
The subtle green coloring in the frosting makes these cups resemble small Christmas trees and will surely delight your guests and kids especially. Hope you will give these Christmas chocolate cookie cups a try and enjoy as we sure did.
Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70g) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) pistachio extract
- 1/4 cup (40g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3.5 oz (100g) semisweet chocolate
- 3.5 oz (100g) whipping cream
Mascarpone Pistachio Frosting
- 1 pound (450g) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp (7g) pistachio extract
- 1/2 cup (120g) whipping cream
- 0.3 oz (10g) green coloring paste
- mini chocolate pearls
- Prepare the cookie cups. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease with butter a standard muffin pan.
- In a bowl whisk flour with cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside until ready to use.
- In another bowl mix the butter with both sugars until creamy. Add egg and pistachio extract and mix until well incorporated.
- Gradually incorporate flour mixture and chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the cookie dough evenly between the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. While still warm, use a small jar to press down the center of each cookie.
- Cool on the muffin tins for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cookie cups to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the chocolate ganache filling.
- Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat. Let it cool slightly.
- Fill each cup with chocolate ganache and let it set for about 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare the Mascarpone Pistachio Frosting. In a large bowl, beat Mascarpone with powdered sugar and pistachio extract. Add cream and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Fit a piping bag with 1M (½ inch- 1cm) large star tip. Make 4 lines of green food coloring on the inside of the piping bag.
- Transfer the frosting into the piping bag.
- Pipe the frosting over the cookie cups and decorate with chocolate pearls.
- Serve or refrigerate the cupcakes until ready to serve. Let them get to room temperature before serving.