There is no doubt that these Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups are going to be an impressive dessert to your Christmas table. Not only do they look amazing and festive but they are simply heavenly, rich, chocolaty and bursting with flavor.
These Cookie Cups consist of a chocolaty and chewy soft cookie crust filled with chocolate ganache and topped with a smooth and creamy Mascarpone and pistachio filling that makes them simply irresistible.
How to make Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups
These Christmas Cookies are easy and quick to prepare. First, prepare the chocolate cookie dough. No need to refrigerate the dough before going further with the recipe. Once the dough is prepared, you can simply divide it into muffin cups. Bake and after removing them from the oven, while still warm, use a small jar to press down the center of each cookie.
While they cool you can prepare the chocolate ganache filling. For this you simply melt chocolate with cream, let it cool slightly and pipe into the cookie cups. Let them set for about 30 minutes before pipping the Mascarpone Pistachio Frosting on top of each cup.
The subtle green coloring in the frosting makes these cups resemble small Christmas trees and will surely delight your guests and kids especially. Hope you will give these Christmas chocolate cookie cups a try and enjoy them as we sure did. I would love to see your approach to this recipe, so don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make it.
If you like cookie cup recipes you may also like these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cups. These Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups are also very elegant and look very impressive. These Raspberry Chocolate Cups are also very much appreciated every time I prepare them and have a festive look.
Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups
Makes 12 cookie cups
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70g) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) pistachio extract
- 1/4 cup (40g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3.5 oz (100g) semisweet chocolate
- 3.5 oz (100g) whipping cream
Mascarpone Pistachio Frosting
- 1 pound (450g) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp (7g) pistachio extract
- 1/2 cup (120g) whipping cream
- 0.3 oz (10g) green coloring paste
- mini chocolate pearls
- Prepare the cookie cups. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease with butter a standard muffin pan.
- In a bowl whisk flour with cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside until ready to use.
- In another bowl mix the butter with both sugars until creamy. Add egg and pistachio extract and mix until well incorporated.
- Gradually incorporate flour mixture and chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the cookie dough evenly between the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. While still warm, use a small jar to press down the center of each cookie.
- Cool on the muffin tins for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cookie cups to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the chocolate ganache filling.
- Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat. Let it cool slightly.
- Fill each cup with chocolate ganache and let it set for about 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare the Mascarpone Pistachio Frosting. In a large bowl, beat Mascarpone with powdered sugar and pistachio extract. Add cream and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Fit a piping bag with 1M (½ inch- 1cm) large star tip. Make 4 lines of green food coloring on the inside of the piping bag.
- Transfer the frosting into the piping bag.
- Pipe the frosting over the cookie cups and decorate with chocolate pearls.
- Serve or refrigerate the cupcakes until ready to serve. Let them get to room temperature before serving.