If you love chocolate, these crinkle cookies are the right treat for you, not only during the holiday season but all year round. Soft and chewy and with a beautiful crinkle look, these cookies are simply addictive.
Everybody loves them and I highly recommend making two batches as everybody will ask for more. Every time I make these delicious cookies with bits of melting chocolate, they are gone in a matter of minutes. They are not too sweet either and have a great flavor too.
The recipe for these cookies is easy and very quick to prepare which makes them a great choice for special occasions. You can always consider making them in advance as they freeze well and thaw only when needed. Hope you will try them out, tag me on Instagram if you do, and enjoy!
If you like chocolate cookies you may also like these rich Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies. They are chocolatey soft cookies filled with a smooth and silky chocolate ganache. Also, these Double Chocolate Rum Cookies are always a great choice. With their soft chewy texture, with chocolate bits, rum flavor, and with flaky sea salt sprinkles, it’s hard not to fall in love with them from the first bite.
Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 ½ cup (180g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp (6g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter , softened
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate , chips/chunks
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix butter with sugar until light, creamy and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Gradually incorporate flour mixture. Fold in semisweet chocolate chips/chunks. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Place powdered sugar into a bowl.
- Using your ice cream scoop take equal portions of dough, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) balls and roll into the powdered sugar, coating thickly. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, keeping 2 inches (5cm) space between cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are cracked. Cool on baking sheets for 5minutes. Remove to the cooling rack to cool completely.