- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Muffin Pan Popovers
Watch the video for this recipe:
I have wanted to try popovers in a muffin pan for quite some time now, and I am glad I finally succeeded to give them a try. Yes, you can have popovers in a muffin pan, no need to buy a special pan just to bake popovers.
Popovers are light and airy, with a crispy exterior, a a great treat for breakfast alongside butter and jam. You can also make them savory and leave out the vanilla and sugar and ad some cheese for extra flavor. Either sweet or savory, popovers are a delightful treat and best to be served right after you take them out of the oven.
The recipe is really easy, with only a few ingredients you already have in the house. The batter is similar to crepes, or dutch oven baby pancakes. The batter is divided into muffin cups and baked until puffed and golden and absolutely irresistible. Hope you will try these out, and enjoy!
- Makes 12 popovers
- 4 small eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup (300ml) whole milk, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 tbsp (15g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (160g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter, divided in 12, for pan
- Preheat the oven to 425F (220C). Place a 12 cavity muffin pan onto a lower shelf of the oven.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs with sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Incorporate flour and add milk. Add melted butter and pour the mixture into a jug for easier pouring.
- Remove pan from the oven. Divide 2 tablespoons of butter in 12 pieces and add a piece into each cup.
- Return to the oven for 1 minute until butter is melted.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan, about ½ to ? full.
- Bake the popovers for 20 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350°F (180C). Bake for another 10 or 15 minutes until the popovers are deep golden brown.
- Serve immediately with butter and jam or simply as a side dish alongside your favorite dishes.