I discovered these Eggless Yogurt Brownies recently, and I was pleasantly surprised by their texture and taste. The fact that they are made without butter and eggs makes them a healthier option, which is always a plus! However, what really impressed me was the fudgy and rich chocolate flavor of these brownies.
While the recipe is great as it is, there are many ways to make these brownies even healthier. For example, you can substitute refined sugar with coconut sugar or brown sugar, which are better alternatives. Additionally, you can use almond or oat flour instead of all-purpose flour. This will make these brownies even healthier and more nutritious.
How to make Eggless Yogurt Brownies
To make this eggless brownies, begin by preheating your oven to 350 F (180C). Grease an 8-inch (20cm) square pan and line it with parchment paper. In a bain-marie, melt 3 oz (90g) semisweet chocolate and set it aside to cool slightly. Next, add sugar, vanilla extract, and instant coffee to the melted chocolate. Mix in Greek yogurt until well combined. Then incorporate cocoa powder, baking powder, and flour, and mix until just combined. Fold in the remaining 3 oz (90g) semisweet chocolate chips or chunks. Spread the thick batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle mini semisweet chocolate chips or chunks over the top. Bake the brownies for 20-23 minutes, being careful not to overbake. Once done, let the brownies cool completely before serving.
I believe that these eggless yogurt brownies are perfect for whenever you are craving something sweet and chocolatey but want a healthier option. They are lower in calories and still rich in chocolate, which is the best of both worlds! That being said, while I do enjoy these healthier brownies, the classic version made with eggs and butter still holds a special place in my heart.
If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to traditional brownies that are still full of chocolatey goodness, I highly recommend trying this eggless yogurt brownie recipe. Don’t forget to experiment with the recipe and make it your own by substituting ingredients and finding what works best for you. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you! If you do, don’t forget to share the photos with me on Instagram. I love seeing how this turns out for you.
Other similar recipes you may like to try
These Double Chocolate Brownies are the best brownies you can ever make, as they are rich and delicious with a crunchy top and soft interior. These gluten-free Healthy No-Bake Brownies are not only healthy but turned fudgy, gooey, chocolaty, and nutty, hard not to fall in love with them from the first bite. This Skillet Brownie is the perfect recipe for whenever you are craving a chocolaty dessert but doesn’t have a lot of time. All you need for this recipe is one pan, a spatula, and a few basic ingredients you probably already have in the house. The batter is prepared directly in the skillet, baked, and then served warm, directly from the skillet.
Eggless Yogurt Brownies
- 3 oz (90g) semisweet chocolate , for melting
- 3 oz (90g) semisweet chocolate , chips or chunks
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 1 ⅓ cup (320g) Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 1 cup (125g) all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (2g) instant coffee powder , optional
- 2 tbsp (20g) mini semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease a 8 inch (20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper.
- Melt 3 oz (90g) semisweet chocolate over bain-marie and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract and instant coffee. Add yogurt and mix to combine.
- Incorporate cocoa powder, baking powder, and flour and mix until just combined.
- Fold the remaining 3 oz (90g) semisweet chocolate chips or chunks. The batter is quite thick.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle mini semisweet chocolate chips or chunks over the top.
- Bake the brownies for 20-23 minutes. Don’t overbake. Let cool completely.