If you haven’t tried a bread pudding by now you should definitely try this delightful Strawberry Bread Pudding. It is so easy to prepare and it is absolutely an amazing treat the whole family will love. You can serve it for breakfast if desired or as a dessert alongside some ice cream or as a snack during the day.
This Strawberry Bread Pudding consists of layers of brioche or challah bread cubes and strawberries, covered in a delicious custard mixture and baked until golden and puffed. You can serve this bread pudding right away, while still warm, with some whipped cream or ice cream, or serve it chilled. Either way you like it, it is delicious.
If you like custardy desserts you might like this Strawberry Dutch Baby Pancake too or this Easy Magic Custard Cake or this Strawberry Clafoutis.
You can always make variations to this bread pudding and add various berries or other seasonal fruits during the summer days. You can also add some chocolate chips or raisins. Feel free to adjust the recipe to suit your own tastes. Hope you will give this amazing Strawberry Bread Pudding a try and let me know if you do. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Easy Strawberry Cake
Japanese Souffle Pancakes
Strawberry Oat Crumble Bars
Strawberry Bread Pudding
- 1 pound (500g) brioche or challah bread , cut into large cubes
- 10 oz (300g) fresh strawberries
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (1g) cinnamon
- 2 cups (480ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (120g) whipping cream
- 1 tbsp butter , for greasing the baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 300F (150C). Cut the bread into large cubes. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Toast the bread in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the fresh strawberries into smaller pieces.
- Grease with butter a 2 quart (2 liters) baking dish.
- Add a layer of bread cubes. Spread about half of the strawberries.
- Cover with the remaining bread cubes.
- In a large bowl mix whisk eggs with sugar, salt, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Gradually add milk and cream.
- Pour milk mixture over the bread cubes. Press with a spatula to evenly coat the bread with milk mixture.
- Spread the remaining strawberries and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Bake the strawberry bread pudding for about 35-40 minutes until golden and puffed.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I’m going to recommend this web site!
How do you get the results of the strawberry topping to keep it delicious?
just bake it.. and the results are awesome 🙂
Can you use all types of bread?
yes.. you can use all types of bread.. though.. the brioche kind of bread.. like challah would be the best options.