Watch the video for this recipe:
Neapolitan Cheesecake is a heavenly dessert that everybody will be craving for. A perfect balance between chocolate strawberry and vanilla with creamy smooth silky cream cheese layers on top of a a decadent brownie.
This is a great summer dessert idea as the layers on top of brownie need no-baking which makes it totally perfect for hot days when you’re craving dessert but don't want to keep the oven on for too long.
Though it may seem the recipe requires a bit of effort, each step is quite easy to prepare. All you need is to make sure you take each step at a time and use the right measurements which will lead you to a satisfying dessert.
- Makes about 10-12 servings
- 1.5 oz (40g) semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup (56g) butter
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (8g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1/4 cup (30g) flour
- For Strawberry Jelly
- 10 oz (300g) fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp (5g) gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp (30g) water
- Cream Cheese Filling
- 21 oz (600g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup (80g) powdered sugar
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (300g) whipping cream (35% fat), chilled
- 1 1/2 tsp (7g) gelatin powder
- 3 tbsp (45ml) cold water
- For Chocolate Layer
- 2 oz (60g) semisweet chocolate
- 2 tbsp (30g) cream
- Prepare the strawberry puree. In a small bowl place the gelatin and cold water and let swell for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan place the strawberries sugar and lemon juice place over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer, cook for about 5 minutes stirring constantly and remove from heat. Pass through a strainer to remove the seeds.
- While strawberry puree is still warm add bloomed gelatin and stir until dissolved. Reserve half of strawberry puree and let cool to room temperature until ready to use for strawberry cream cheese layer.
- Line a 7 inch (18cm) round pan with plastic wrap.
- Pour the other half of the strawberry puree into the pan and freeze until ready to use or for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare the brownie. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Butter the sides and bottom of a 8 inch (20cm) springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl, over bain-marie, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove the pan from heat but keep the bowl over the water. Stir in the sugar and remove the bowl from the pan. Cool slightly.
- Incorporate the egg into the mixture and whisk until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract then add the flour, salt, cocoa powder and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 13-15 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it.
- Remove the brownie from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Prepare the cream cheese filling.
- Melt the chocolate and cream in a small bowl, over bain-marie and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- In another bowl whip the chilled whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually incorporate into cream cheese mixture.
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for about 5 to 10 minutes. Place over low heat just until the gelatin dissolves and then pour it over cream cheese mixture and incorporate.
- Divide cream cheese mixture in 3. Reserve about 13 oz (380g) for the white layer and about 10 oz (300g) for the strawberry and chocolate layers.
- Line the pan with acetate sheet for easier removal. That is optional.
- Incorporate the melted chocolate into one bowl of cream cheese mixture and pour over the cooled brownie. Smooth the surface and freeze for 15 minutes before adding the next layer.
- Add the white cream cheese layer. Remove the frozen strawberry jelly from the freezer and add it on top of the white layer. Cover with thin layer of cream cheese mixture and smooth the surface. Freeze for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile incorporate the reserved strawberry puree to the remaining bowl of cream cheese mixture. Add few drops of red food coloring if desired. Add the last layer of strawberry mixture on top, smooth the surface and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight to set.
- Before serving decorate with fresh strawberries or as desired. Enjoy.