- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Oven Roasted Corn
I am so glad that fresh corn is finally in season. My daughters love them so much that they keep asking for it since spring. I used to prepare them boiled in water or on grill. Never tried roasting them in the oven with their husks on. When I discovered that this is possible I simply had to give it a try.
Oven roasted corn is so much better than the boiled one. The flavor is much more enhanced and you don't risk to burn yourself while trying to get them out of the water.
And is just so easy. You don't have to bother taking the husks off, all the mess is avoided this way. Just put them in the oven and let it do it's job. After 30-40 minutes you just got the perfect corns ever. The husks create steam and so the corn is cooked entirely, not soggy ... not dry .. just PERFECT. From now on, for me there is no other way to cook corn.
You can serve it as it is with just a bit of salt and butter, or with various toppings.
In either way they are just amazing, and I am sure you will love them too.
I am curious about you, what's your favorite topping for your corn? Amaze me :)
- Makes about 8 servings
- 8 fresh ears of corn in husks
- 1/4 tsp chili powder, optional
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl combine salt, with chili powder, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place corn in its husks directly on the oven rack. Roast until tender for about 30-40 minutes.
Remove the husks. Brush each corn with butter.
Add salt mixture, cheese and parsley.
- Serve immediately.