- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
Quinoa and Broccoli Patties
Don't know about you but personally I feel like after these holidays I need to start eating healthier food. These quinoa and broccoli patties sounded just great to me. Well, I cheated a little bit as I fried them in a little oil but next time I will probably bake them to save time:) and keep them even more in the "healthy" area.
- Makes about 4-5 servings (8-10 patties)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 broccoli head
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Place quinoa in a mesh strainer and rinse well under cold water. Cook the quinoa in 2 cups of boiling water for about 15 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Steam the broccoli until tender, then chop finely.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa with the rest of ingredients, broccoli, spring onions, garlic, cheese, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and herbs.
- Form the quinoa mixture into patties, and place on a plate.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Line a plate with paper towel. Add the patties onto the frying pan and cook until well browned, about 6-8 minutes per side. Transfer to the prepared paper towel plate to remove any excess grease.