Do you like pasta and don’t know what other easy, healthy combinations to make? Here is one great idea for Broccoli and Prosciutto Pasta that looks good and tastes awesome.
This is another recipe that includes broccoli. I always try to find delicious ways to use broccoli in a meal, and to be easily accepted by my little daughters, like these amazing Broccoli Quesadillas or Broccoli Patties which were really appreciated.
As they love pasta recipes in general I decided to make pasta with broccoli, which was a real success. I am glad of all the times they eat this vegetable for its benefits.
The recipe for this Broccoli and Prosciutto Pasta is easy and quick, it takes no more than 15 minutes to prepare and is really delicious and healthy. It can make a perfect lunch or dinner for all the family.
Pasta ai Quattro Formaggi
Smoked Salmon Carbonara
Penne with Mushroom Bolognese
Broccoli and Prosciutto Pasta
- 1 cup (about 120 g) broccoli florets
- 2.5 oz (70 g) prosciutto cotto
- 7 oz (200 g) your favorite pasta (spaghetti , linguini
- 2/3 cup (200g) cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- To cook broccoli bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add one teaspoon of salt. Add the broccoli florets and cook until crisp-tender for about 1-2 minutes. Remove the florets and place in a bowl with ice water.
- Return water to the boil. Cook the pasta to the al dente stage. Drain the pasta and reserve some of the cooking water in case you need it.
- Cut the prosciutto in 1/4 inch strips. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto and cook for a couple of minutes. Add broccoli and cream and stir.
- Add drained pasta. If necessary add some water to get the consistency you prefer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese slices on top.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
You just won the keys to my heart. I love this combo!
Love this quick and delicious pasta! My kids are into prosciutto, and this is great when we have leftover prosciutto (sometimes I use for cooking). 🙂
The family would love this creamy pasta with broccoli and prosciutto! Perfect quick summer dinner!
You could invite me to lunch any day if you served this. It looks SO good.
Yum! i love easy and delicious pasta meals. My family would devour this!
A mouthwatering combination. The kind of pasta dish I love to eat…
I made this for my Mom’s friends and it was a hit! My Mom was not able to eat because her friends are that fast! Thank you for such a wonderful recipe 🙂
Hehe.. so great to hear that Woainie.. hope you will try some other recipes from my blog and hope to hear from you soon:)