This Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is a perfect choice among your other Thanksgiving side dishes. It can be made well in advance, travels easy and if you end up with leftovers (which is unlikely) it can easily be stored for a later meal.
The delicious, creamy dressing really compliments the crispness of the veggies, and all the toppings work together to create a wonderful salad that has it all: it’s sweet and salty, it’s creamy and crunchy, it’s zesty and crispy.
When making this Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is good to give it a chance to sit, so all the flavors combine and if you are planning to serve it the next day you may opt to add bacon and almonds only when ready to serve to ensure crispness.
Broccoli Cheese Balls
Mashed Potato Casserole
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- 1 medium head (300g) of broccoli
- 1 small head (200g) of cauliflower
- 1/2 of a red onion , finely chopped (approximately 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup (40g) dried cranberries
- 4-5 bacon slices , cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60g) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15g) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15g) sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (30g) sliced almonds
- To cook the bacon preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place bacon strips on it. Bake until bacon is crispy for about 15-20 minutes. Transfer bacon on paper towels to remove the excess fat. Crumble it up in small pieces and reserve for later use.
- Separate broccoli and cauliflower florets in bite size pieces, add to a large bowl and add red onion, dried cranberries, bacon crumbles and sliced almonds.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the salad dressing. In a small pitcher combine mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard , sugar, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust based on desired acidity.
- Toss broccoli with salad dressing.
- Right before serving top with more bacon crumbles and almonds.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Hi – please could you share the cooking instructions for the Broccoli and Cauliflower? Thanks,