Watch the video for this recipe:
Spaghetti Carbonara are one of the easiest pasta dish you can ever make, rich, creamy and comforting, perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
The creamy texture of the pasta is given by an egg and cheese mixture and no cream is used. The eggs get cooked by the heat coming from the pasta without getting scrambled.
Spaghetti Carbonara are a classic Italian recipe, with a great flavor that everybody enjoy. It's a must try.
- Makes about 2 servings
- 7 oz (200g) spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2.5 oz (70g) pancetta or bacon, cut in small pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta to the al dente stage in salted water according to package instructions. Reserve some of the cooking water and drain the pasta.
- In a frying pan heat oil and cook bacon until crisp.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, cheese and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Add pasta and stir. to coat well. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly and add the egg and cheese mixture.
- Stir to coat the pasta, add a splash of reserved water if necessary to obtain the desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.