- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
My daughters love turnip soup and I am so glad they do. As it is delicious and healthy, full of vegetables and therefore rich in vitamins.
Whenever I have the chance I prepare them this tasty, delicious soup, a great meal for cold days. Turnips are ideal for soups as they bring a special flavor. Give it a try, you and you're family will be delighted.
- Makes about 4-6 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 or 2 turnips, peeled and grated (Kohlrabi-german turnip or turnip works as well)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup celerey root, grated
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small red chili pepper, optional
- 1 1/2 l vegetable stock or chicken stock or water
- 1 or 2 tbsp rice, washed and drained
- 200 g sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat and cook onion for about 5 minutes until soft. Stir in carrot and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in celery root and red pepper and cook 1 minute.
- Add turnips, vegetable stock or water, chili pepper if used and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until vegetables are tender. Stir in rice.
- In a large bowl mix sour cream with egg yolk, add 2 ladles of hot soup, stir well and add to the pot. Let boil for 1 minute then add parsley, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Serve with fresh bread or croutons.