Red Velvet Lava Cake is one of the most decadent cakes you can prepare for your loved ones. It is easy to prepare and it is always a good choice for the times you want single serving desserts. These Red Velvet Lava Cakes can be simply served dusted with some powdered sugar or topped with cream cheese frosting and fresh berries for a more sophisticated presentation.
These red velvet lava cakes not only look and taste amazing but can be easily prepared in advance and baked only before serving. As Valentine’s Day is approaching this red velvet lava cake might be a good choice for ending a romantic dinner. Enjoy!
Eggless Lava Cake
Chocolate Lava Cake
Chocolate Cupcakes with Irish Cream Frosting
Red Velvet Lava Cake
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp (60g) sugar
- 4 oz (120g) white chocolate
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter
- 5 tbsp (50g) flour
- 2 tbsp (16g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp (15g) red food coloring
Cream Cheese Topping (optional)
- 3.5 oz (100g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 2 tbsp (16g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp (3g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120g) whipping cream , chilled
- fresh berries , optional
- powdered sugar , optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease with butter 4 – 8oz (230g) ramekins and dust with sugar or flour.
- Melt chocolate and butter over a bain-marie until smooth. Meanwhile beat the eggs with sugar and salt using a whisk or mixer until thick and light yellow. Add melted chocolate and mix well. Add red food coloring and mix to combine.
- In a bowl mix flour with cocoa powder and salt and add it gradually to the chocolate mixture. Pour batter into the prepared molds.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until the edges are firm and the center is still soft.
- While the cakes are baking prepare cream cheese frosting if used for decoration. In a bowl add cream cheese and mix until smooth for few seconds. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Add chilled whipping cream and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let cool slightly for 3-4 minutes. Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the molds and invert onto plates.
- Decorate as desired, either sprinkle powdered sugar on top or top with cream cheese frosting and fresh raspberries or strawberries. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
I have no experience of making a lava cake. After this easy recipe, I’ll try and let you how was my experience.
Can this be made in advance and only baked later?
Can I prepare it ahead and bake it the next day?