Cauliflower is one of those vegetables that is not only tasty but really healthy too. Beyond the fact that is rich in vitamins and omega 3 it is also a good source of Vitamin C and manganese both being powerful antioxidants. As my daughter call it, “the white broccoli” can be served either raw or cooked in various ways. This Roasted Cauliflower is a great way to include cauliflower in your diet.
I really love the cauliflower cream soup or cauliflower gratin which I do pretty often but for whenever I don’t have time to prepare it this way, I choose this easier way of cooking, which takes about 7-10 minutes to prepare and then just wait for the oven to bring out the best of it by simply roasting it.
This Roasted Cauliflower is probably one of the best way to cook cauliflower as it is extremely delicious and addictive. In this way even those who say they don’t like cauliflower might change their mind.
Roasting the cauliflower intensifies the flavor and caramelizes the edges which makes it sweeter and really really irresistible. Though it gets cooked in the oven it still remains a little crunchy, which makes it a great side dish or a good healthy snack.
It’s just as simple… combine it with olive oil, lemon juice, turmeric and your favorite spices and roast it. You will be delighted, I am pretty sure of that.
Slightly adapted after Cooking Melangery
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- lemon juice from half of lemon
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 3 garlic cloves , minced (optional)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F 220C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and chop cauliflower into florets and place in a large bowl.
- Pour olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice and sprinkle spices over cauliflower. Toss with your hands to coat well.
- Place cauliflower florets in one layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast until tender and lightly browned, for about 35-40 minutes, stirring from time to time. Serve hot along egg, your favorite meat or simply as a snack.