Brown Sugar glazed carrots are a delicious carrot recipe and a perfect side dish for Thanksgiving Day.
These Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots are extremely easy to make, the carrots are cooked with brown sugar and butter and in a minimum of liquid to bring out the best of their flavor. The orange and toasted walnuts add a pleasant aroma to this carrot dish. Hope you will try these brown sugar glazed carrots as I am 100% sure you will love them.
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- 2 cups julienne-cut carrots
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 orange grated peel
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts - toasted
- Melt the butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat; add sugar, stirring until melted.
- Stir in carrots, orange peel, salt, pepper and water. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes at medium low heat stirring occasionally until carrots are crisp-tender. Remove the lid and continue cooking until the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from heat, stir in chopped fresh parsley and toasted walnuts and serve warm along meat.