I’ve wanted to share with you an easy recipe for Easter, that can get you out of the trouble if you ran out of time. These cute sugar cookie nests are really fun to prepare and delicious too. They are made with simple sugar cookies as base, green chocolate ganache on top and egg shape candies for decoration. They are so bright and colorful, a perfect treat for spring and upcoming Easter.
This is a quick and easy recipe for Sugar Cookie Nests, that can be prepared with kids as they really enjoy playing with colors and decorating cookies. Everybody will notice and appreciate these colorful treats, that’s for sure.
Strawberry Cardamom Linzer Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Sugar Cookie Nests
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter , room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 7 oz (200g) white chocolate , chopped
- 1/3 cup (70g) whipping cream
- 2 tsp (10g) green food coloring gel
- egg shape candies
- In a medium bowl combine flour with baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl mix butter and sugar at medium-high speed until light and creamy. Add egg and beat until smooth. Beat in vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, press to form a disk and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or if in a hurry freeze for 30 mins. The dough needs to be cold for easier rolling as this help the cookies keep their shape.
- Meanwhile prepare the white chocolate ganache. Place chocolate and cream into a heat-proof bowl and place over very low heat, stirring constantly until completely melted. Add food coloring of your choice, if used.
- Preheat oven to 375 (190C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the dough 1/8 to ¼ inch (3-6 mm) thick. Use a 3 inch (7.5 cm) round cutter and place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets. Re-roll scraps and repeat.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until lightly golden brown on the edges.
- Let them cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets; remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- Place the white chocolate ganache into a piping bag fitted with a 7 mm star tip and pipe circles of green ganache on top of cookies.
- Decorate the cookie nests with egg shape candies.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
that looks yummy and tasty.
i will tell all my friends at school.
thank you for showing that video.
hello and thank you