With Easter just around the corner, it’s always great to have some fun and creative treats on hand. However, if you’re short on time, it can be challenging to come up with something that is both easy to make and delicious. That’s why I wanted to share with you a simple yet impressive recipe for Sugar Cookie Nests that are sure to wow your friends and family.
These adorable nests are made using a basic sugar cookie recipe as a base. The cookies are then topped with a delightful green chocolate ganache and decorated with colorful egg-shaped chocolate candies. The combination of the sweet cookie, creamy ganache, and crunchy chocolate candy makes for a truly irresistible treat that is perfect for spring and Easter.
What’s even better is that you can make these cookies with kids, making them a fun activity for the whole family. The kids will love getting creative with the decorations, and the result will be a beautiful display of bright and cheerful treats that are sure to impress.
How to make Sugar Cookie Nests
First, prepare the cookie dough by combining flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy, then add egg and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture. Chill the dough for 2 hours (or 30 mins in the freezer) to make it easier to roll. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and use a 3-inch round cutter to shape cookies. Bake for 9-11 minutes at 375F (190C) and cool on a wire rack.
Pipe green chocolate ganache on top and decorate with egg-shaped chocolate candies. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Whether you’re looking for a last-minute Easter treat or simply want to indulge in something sweet and festive, these Sugar Cookie Nests are the perfect solution. So why not give this recipe a try and add some extra color and cheer to your Easter celebrations? If you try them out, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram. Would love to see how these cookies turn out for you.
Other easy cookies you can make for Easter
These Chocolate Meringue Roses are delicate and beautiful, with a light and airy texture that melts in your mouth. These Strawberry Lemon Thumbprint Cookies are a great twist to the classic. These buttery, crumbly cookies are infused with bright lemon flavor and topped with a dollop of strawberry jam. You can also try these amazing Strawberry Cardamom Linzer Cookies, a perfect treat for celebrating Easter. For more inspiration check out our collection of 20 Easter cookies that are perfect for any Easter gathering.
Sugar Cookie Nests
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter , room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 7 oz (200g) white chocolate , chopped
- 1/3 cup (70g) whipping cream
- 2 tsp (10g) green food coloring gel
- egg shape chocolate candies
Prepare the cookie dough.
- In a medium bowl combine flour with baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl mix butter and sugar at medium-high speed until light and creamy. Add egg and beat until smooth. Beat in vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, press to form a disk and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or if in a hurry freeze for 30 mins. The dough needs to be cold for easier rolling as this help the cookies keep their shape.
Meanwhile, prepare the white chocolate ganache.
- Place chocolate and cream into a heat-proof bowl and place over very low heat, stirring constantly until completely melted. Add food coloring of your choice, if used.
Bake the cookies.
- Preheat oven to 375 (190C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the dough 1/8 to ¼ inch (3-6 mm) thick. Use a 3 inch (7.5 cm) round cutter and place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets. Re-roll scraps and repeat.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until lightly golden brown on the edges.
- Let them cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets; remove and cool completely on wire rack.
Decorate the cookies.
- Place the white chocolate ganache into a piping bag fitted with a 7 mm star tip and pipe circles of green ganache on top of cookies.
- Decorate the cookie nests with egg shape candies.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.