These Double Chocolate Biscotti are one of the best chocolate cookie recipes to serve alongside coffee. Biscotti are different from other cookies as they are baked twice, making them crispy and perfect to be dipped into the hot coffee. They are very easy to prepare and are also a great treat for kids as well.
How to make Double Chocolate Biscotti.
You don’t need more than 10-15 minutes to prepare the batter for these chocolate biscotti. First, you whisk together the dry ingredients, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, in a medium bowl.
In another bowl cream together butter and sugar and then add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract or any other extract you prefer, like rum, mint, almond and so on. Incorporate the flour mixture and chocolate chips. The batter is ready.
Now, shape the batter into two small logs and bake for 25 minutes. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Don’t cool completely as you may not be able to cut clean slices.
Cut the logs into diagonal slices and transfer again to the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes more, until crispy.
If you like biscotti recipes you may also like these flavorful Dried Fruit Biscotti. For a touch of fall, you may also try these Apples and Oats Biscotti which I find a great back-to-school treat all day long. These crunchy and nutty classic Cantucci Biscuits are always great for coffee breaks as well.
Hope you will try these amazing Double Chocolate Biscotti and enjoy as much as we did.
Double Chocolate Biscotti
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter , room temperature
- 2/3 cup (135g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 ½ tsp (6g) baking powder
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder
- 1 cup (170g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix butter with sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix to incorporate. Add vanilla extract and mix to combine
- With the mixer on low, incorporate the flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Into the prepared baking tray, form the dough into 2 small logs, about 2 inches (5cm) wide. The dough is pretty sticky so you can wet your spatula or use flour to be able to give each log the right shape.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into 1/2 inch (1cm) diagonal slices and place them on the baking tray. Bake for another 15-17 minutes, flipping the biscotti after the first 8 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!