I’ve really wanted to share with you this chocolate pound cake recipe. I recently discovered it and really love its texture. It is buttery and dense, with a moist crumb, and a great chocolate flavor. This recipe doesn’t use too much chocolate and uses more cocoa powder instead.
Right after baking the cake is glazed with a chocolate, butter and cocoa glaze which has a great dark color and flavor.
The recipe for this chocolate pound cake is easy and can be prepared quite quickly. It is really important to use good quality cocoa powder as its flavor affect the taste of the pound cake.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Chocolate Rose Cake
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Coffee Mousse
No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Chocolate Pound Cake
- 1 cup (250g) butter
- 1 ½ cup (300g) sugar
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder
- 7 oz (200ml) milk
- 1.5 oz (40g) semisweet chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1 ⅔ cups (200g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 2 ½ tsp (10g) baking powder
- nuts , for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease and line with parchment paper two 9x5in (23x13cm) loaf pans.
- Place butter in a sauce pan and melt over low heat. Add sugar, cocoa powder and milk and stir to combine. Bring to a boil for 1 minute.Remove from heat.
- To make the chocolate glaze for the top place the chocolate pieces into a small bowl and add about 1 cup (220g) of the hot cocoa syrup. Stir to melt the chocolate and set aside until ready to use.
- While the cocoa syrup cools down slightly separate the egg whites from yolks and whip the egg whites until foamy and stiff peaks form.
- Incorporate yolks one at a time then add flour, salt and baking powder to the cocoa syrup and stir to combine. Gently fold the whipped whites into the mixture and divide mixture evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Pour the reserved chocolate glaze on the top and decorate with nuts if desired.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Very decadent cake. 🙂
Rather than two, if we wish to make one cake then what would be the quantity?
And what if we want to make eggless?
A huge fan of your cooking.. following on YouTube & Instagram.:-)
This turned out delicious, thank you!! Next time I want to try it with white chocolate – can I do that and what would be the right measurements? No cocoa powder and semisweet chocolate right?
Hello!! If I want to make just one cake, what would the right measurements?
I hope you can answer me!
Hi, I baked this pound cake. It was so good to eat with chocolate syurp. Thanks for the recipe.
Hi, Can I know what kind of cocoa powder you used…Dutch processed or Natural cocoa powder? Thanks!
I use Dutch processed cocoa powder.