For everybody out here who loves coconut here they come – White Chocolate Coconut Truffles, so smooth, delicious, melt-in-your-mouth dessert with coconut coating. They are easy to make at home. You don’t need many ingredients, the basics are cream, coconut and chocolate and the rest depends on your preferences like vanilla, orange peel, almonds or hazelnuts.
White Chocolate and Coconut Truffles
- 1/4 cup (60ml) whipping cream (35%fat)
- 7 oz (200g) white chocolate , good quality, broken into chuncks
- 1 tbsp (14g) butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract , optional
- 1/3 cup (33g) unsweetened coconut flakes
- zest from an orange , optional
- 20 hazelnuts or almonds , toasted, optional
- 1/3 cup (33g) unsweetened coconut flakes for rolling
- Melt chocolate with cream in a bain marie over low heat. Stir continuously until the chocolate is almost melted. Add butter and continue stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and orange zest if using.
- Stir in coconut flakes, let it cool, cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours until the mixture gets firm enough to roll it into balls.
- Using a teaspoon roll the mixture into small balls adding a hazelnut inside. Roll each ball into coconut flakes. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve. They keep well refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.