Here is another delicious recipe that uses one of my favorite vegetables – Potato. Was looking for a good recipe for mashed potato pancakes and ran over this recipe which I favored so I gave it a try. I used about 3 small potatoes and boiled them with their skin on, let them cool a little and then mashed them to get my good cup of mashed potatoes.
It is a perfect side dish that can save you in the days when you are in a rush. You can boil your potatoes with a day before, refrigerate them and make the pancakes only before serving. It takes few minutes and you got some delicious, crispy potato pancakes, and healthy too. You definitely must give these mashed potato pancakes a try.
Mashed Potato Pancakes
Delicious and quick recipe of crispy mashed potato pancakes, a perfect side dish alongside meat, salad and your favorite dipping sauce.
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (about 3 small potatoes)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup green onions (about 2 spring onions )
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, using a fork, stir together mashed potatoes, egg, flour, onions, salt and pepper.
- In a plate add about 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour. Fill an ice cream scoop with the mixture and form the pancakes with your hands and pass them in a little flour.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a nonstick pan. Cook pancakes on each side for about 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the pancakes to a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve warm with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce or salad.
Serving: 1gCalories: 180kcalCarbohydrates: 15.7gProtein: 4.1gFat: 11.8gSaturated Fat: 2.2gCholesterol: 56mg
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.