If you are craving for something sweet, delicious, nutritious and very easy to make these White Chocolate and Dried Fruit Truffles may be a good choice. Once they are done you can refrigerate and enjoy these small treats for a few days whenever you feel like it.
These truffles are really flavorful from the walnuts and dried fruit with a subtle flavor of rum. Coated in chocolate, cocoa or coconut flakes makes them even more irresistible. These can also make a good homemade gift for holiday or different other occasions.
These White Chocolate and Dried Fruit Truffles can be made in advance and that makes them perfect for any party or family gathering.
Hope you will give these truffles a try and enjoy!
White Chocolate and Dried Fruit Truffles
- 1 cup (150g) dried apricots
- 1 cup (150g) pitted dates
- 1 cup (150g) raisins
- 2 cups (180g) ground walnuts
- 5 tbsp (70 g) butter
- 5 ounces (150 g) white chocolate
- 1/4 tsp rum essence
- cocoa powder
- white and dark chocolate , grated
- coconut flakes
- In a large bowl add the apricots, dates, raisins, and rum essence and soak in a little water for about 2 hours.
- Drain well and place them in the bowl of the food processor. Add butter and process until a paste forms. Place the paste in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate over bain marie.
- Add walnuts and melted chocolate over the fruit paste and stir to combine well.
- Shape the mixture into balls using about 1 rounded teaspoon mixture for each. Roll each ball in coconut, chocolate flakes or cocoa.
- Keep in airtight container and refrigerate for about 2 hrs before serving.