This amazing Pumpkin Chocolate Marble Cake is a comforting and flavorful cake perfect for fall season. The cake is baked in a loaf pan, with a beautiful chocolate marbled effect. The pumpkin and spices bring a nice color and flavor. The cake is moist and not too sweet, which makes it a great treat alongside a cup of coffee or milk either for breakfast or any time of the day. If you love pumpkin season you must try this pumpkin marble cake, it is delightful.
How to make pumpkin chocolate marble cake.
The recipe for this cake is easy, needs only a few basic ingredients and is ready in no minute. For the pumpkin puree you can boil, roast or steam the pumpkin slices, let it cool and puree. I always like to make sure I have pumpkin puree made in advance, and refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
For the cake, first, you have to prepare the pumpkin batter. Reserve about two cups of batter and mix it with a cocoa and milk mixture.
Add the pumpkin batter into the prepared loaf pan. Top with the chocolate batter and swirl with a knife or skewer.
Bake for about one hour until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool completely before serving. Enjoy it alongside a good cup of coffee or milk.
If you like pumpkin sweets you may also like these soft and chewy Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies. These Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins are simply addictive and make sure you make a double batch as they are devoured in a matter of minutes. These Pumpkin Mocha Cupcakes with Toasted Meringue are one of the best fall cupcakes you can ever prepare. They are moist, rich, full of flavor and with a nice texture that will surely impress your family and guests.
Hope you will try this amazing Pumpkin Chocolate Marble Cake and let me know if you try it out.
Pumpkin Chocolate Marble Cake
For the pumpkin batter
- 1½ cup (310g) all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp (10g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (6g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 2 tsp (6g) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2g) ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2g) nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1g) cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1¼ cup (250g) sugar
- 6 tbsp (80g) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250g) pumpkin puree
For Chocolate Batter
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease a 9 x 5-inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs with sugar, until creamy and thick. Add vegetable oil and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add buttermilk and pumpkin puree and mix until well incorporated.
- With the mixer on low, gradually incorporate the flour mixture until all is well incorporated.
- Reserve about 2 cups (500g) of pumpkin batter. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix cocoa powder with milk. Add to the reserved 2 cups of pumpkin batter. Mix to incorporate.
- Pour the pumpkin batter into the prepared pan. Add the chocolate batter on top. Use a knife or skewer to create swirls.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If browns too fast, you can cover it with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- Let bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy as is or alongside a cup of coffee or milk.