If you love the world-renowned Chocolate Milk Slice from Kinder you should definitely try this recipe at home. The cake consists of two thin layers of chocolate sponge filled with an airy and fluffy milk frosting that is enriched with a bit of honey. Everybody loves this chocolate sweet sandwich cake that simply melts in your mouth.
How to make Chocolate Milk Slice
The recipe is quick and easy to put together and does not require any special utensils or skills.
How to make the chocolate sponge cake.
Heat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line a baking sheet that’s about 12×16 inches (30×40 cm) with parchment paper. Keep it aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. In a big bowl, mix eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract until the mixture becomes thick, foamy, and turns a light color. Slowly and gently fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
Spread this batter evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.
Let it cool down completely. While it’s cooling, get the Mascarpone filling ready.
How to make the Mascarpone filling.
Dissolve gelatin in cold milk and let it puff up for around 5 to 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, mix Mascarpone cheese with sweetened condensed milk, honey, and vanilla extract. Warm the gelatin gently and pour it over the Mascarpone mixture. Mix it all together.
In a big bowl, whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks. Gently fold it into the Mascarpone mixture.
Put the Mascarpone filling in the fridge until you’re ready to put everything together.
How to assemble the cake.
Cut the sponge cake in half. Put one of the cake layers on a serving platter. Spread the Mascarpone frosting on top and make it smooth. Then, add the second layer of cake on top.
Let it sit in the fridge for about 4-6 hours so it sets.
Just before serving, you can sprinkle cocoa powder on top if you like. Trim the edges and cut it into around 12 rectangular pieces. Serve it cold and enjoy!
Hope you will try this Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice Cake and let me know how it turned out for you. If you do, don’t forget to share the photos with me on Instagram. Enjoy!
For more chocolate recipes check our full collection of Chocolate Desserts.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Chocolate Strawberry Swiss Roll
Ding Dong Cake
Chocolate Magic Custard Cake
No-Bake Twix Cheesecake
Bounty Mousse Cake
Ferrero Rocher Mousse Cake
Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
Chocolate Sponge Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (60g) all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 9 oz (250g) Mascarpone cheese
- 1 ¼ cup (300g) whipping cream , chilled
- 3.5 oz (100g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (40g) honey
- 2 ¼ tsp (7g) gelatin powder
- 3 tbsp (45ml) milk
Prepare the chocolate sponge cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease and line with parchment paper a 12×16 inch (30x40cm) baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour with cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl mix eggs with sugar and vanilla extract until thick, foamy and light colored.
- Gently and gradually fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
Meanwhile prepare the Mascarpone filling.
- Dissolve gelatin in cold milk and let it swell for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix Mascarpone cheese with sweetened condensed milk, honey and vanilla extract.
- Dissolve gelatin over low heat, pour over the Mascarpone mixture. Mix to combine.
- In a large bowl whip cream until stiff peaks form. Gently incorporate into the Mascarpone mixture.
- Refrigerate the Mascarpone filling until ready to assemble.
Assemble the cake.
- Cut the sponge cake in half. Place a cake layer onto a serving platter. Spread the Mascarpone frosting on top. Smooth the top. Add the second layer of cake.
- Refrigerate to set for about 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, dust with cocoa powder if desired. Trim the edges and cut in about 12 rectangular pieces. Serve cold and enjoy!