For everybody out here who loves coconut here they come – White Chocolate Coconut Truffles, so smooth, delicious, melt-in-your-mouth dessert with coconut coating. They are easy to make at home. You don’t need many ingredients, the basics are cream, coconut and chocolate and the rest depends on your preferences like vanilla, orange peel, and hazelnuts.
White Chocolate and Coconut Truffles
- 1/4 cup (60ml) whipping cream (35%fat)
- 7 oz (200g) white chocolate , good quality, broken into chuncks
- 1 tbsp (14g) butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract , optional
- 1/3 cup (33g) unsweetened coconut flakes
- zest from an orange , optional
- 20 hazelnuts or almonds , toasted, optional
- 1/3 cup (33g) unsweetened coconut flakes for rolling
- Melt chocolate with cream in a bain marie over low heat. Stir continuously until the chocolate is almost melted. Add butter and continue stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and orange zest if using.
- Stir in coconut flakes, let it cool, cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours until the mixture gets firm enough to roll it into balls.
- Using a teaspoon roll the mixture into small balls adding a hazelnut inside. Roll each ball into coconut flakes. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve. They keep well refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Exquisite! That is something I find very addictive…
Gorgeous truffles!!! I like that you hide the hazelnut in it. Little surprise is always good! 🙂
We both must have been craving for truffles as I also made white chocolate truffles over the weekend! Looks yummy. I love coconuts, will have to make this soon.
it says to use cream so I’m wondering what type of cream you’re talking about. That might be a dumb question!
I don't think it's a dumb question.. I used heavy cream, also known as whipping cream,. .will clarify in the recipe too.
These look just perfect for Christmas! Thanks for the inspiration!
Great recipe.. Will definitely try it.
Should sweetened or unsweetened coconut be used? Thanks!
I used unsweetened. Let me know if you try them out:)
What brand of white chocolate did you use? Thanks!
As we live in different areas and maybe different continents I proffered not to mention brands, as some are not possible to be found everywhere. I've used a good quality white chocolate. It is important to look at the ingredient list and see that is made with cocoa butter and not some sort of oils instead. Hope it helps.
WOW these turned out great, the orange zest was a great touch, really takes it to another guests.
Made these today to serve to company- they look beautiful and really delicious (on the sweeter side of desserts)
So glad you enjoyed these little white chocolate coconut treats:) orange zest sounds awesome.
Can I use dark chocolate instead of white chocolate because ,I’m not a white chocolate fan?
I tried this the other day and it is out of this world ????
I’m so in love ?? with the white chocolate ???? and coconut ???? combo
What kind of butter can be used? Salted or unsalted?
Its a nice and easy recipe to follow!
Thanks for sharing, these look lovely