Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Fish Fillet Soup
Posted on June 7, 2011
One of the most flavorful soups I've tried so far. This soup has a special aroma and tastes heavenly. Though I was never a fan of fish soups this one turned to be one of my favorite.
- Makes 5-6 servings
- 300 g trout fillet, skinned & boned, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 onions, diced
- 5-6 medium potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 400 g can pelati tomatoes
- 1liter water
- fresh juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp fresh celery leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a stock pot heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic, fennel seed and potatoes and saute for about 5 minutes. Add paprika, water and stir.
- Add fish and thyme and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Puree the tomato can and add to the pot, add soy sauce, pepper and salt and simmer for 5 more minutes. Add orange juice and celery leaves simmer 2 more minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges and freshly baked onion bread.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:302, Fat:9.2 g, Saturated Fat:1.4 g, Carbohydrates:37.4 g, Sugar:6.8 g, Fiber:6.2 g, Protein:18.3 g, Cholesterol:37 mg, Calories from Fat 83, Sodium 657mg, Vitamin A 15%, Calcium 8%, Vitamin C 91%, Iron 15%, Nutrition Grade A, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.