Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Sweet Corn Bread
Posted on June 6, 2011
Sweet rich and tasty, the caramelized sugar on top makes it worth trying it. Served warm along a cup of milk or yogurt makes a great choice for breakfast.
- Makes about 6 servings
- 500 g plain yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 150 ml oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon finely grated zest
- 13 tbsp corn meal
- 2 tbsp semolina flour
- 4 tbsp sugar - for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease 10 inch square baking pan.
- Separate egg whites from the yolks. Mix egg yolks with sugar, oil, lemon zest, yogurt, vanilla extract and baking powder. Stir in corn meal and semolina flour.
- Whip egg whites until foamy and form stiff peaks. Fold in egg whites into yolks mixture.
- Pour the mixture into greased 10 inch square cake pan. Sprinkle 4 tbsp sugar all over the surface of the mixture.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes until golden and the top is caramelized. You can also make sure that is done by inserting a toothpick in the center and comes out clean.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:477, Fat:27.1 g, Saturated Fat:4.6 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.1 g, Carbohydrates:49.4 g, Sugar:31.3 g, Fiber:1.8 g, Protein:10.0 g, Cholesterol:111 mg, Calories from Fat 244, Sodium 95mg, Vitamin A 5%, Calcium 24%, Vitamin C 2%, Iron 8%, Nutrition Grade D+, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.