Salmon is one of the most delicious and healthy fish you can prepare for your family or friends as is full of vitamins, minerals and omega-3 fatty acids. I usually like to use the wild caught salmon whenever that is possible as it contains more minerals and less fat. This Baked Sesame Salmon is one of my favorite recipes I make pretty often for my family.
This Baked Sesame Salmon recipe is very easy and quick to prepare. The salmon pieces are marinated in a soy sauce, honey, ginger, sesame oil and garlic mixture which gives salmon a great flavor and a great balance between sweet and spicy. There’s no way not to fall in love with this recipe from the first bite.
You can serve this Baked Sesame Salmon with your favorite roasted veggies and alongside rice. Hope you will try it out. Enjoy!
Baked Sesame Salmon
- 1 pound (500g) salmon
- 1 inch (2cm) piece of ginger , grated
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp (15g) sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp (15ml) rice vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp (30g) honey
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15g) sesame oil
- Sesame seeds for serving
- Green onion , chopped
- In a small bowl combine ginger with garlic, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar, honey and sesame oil.
- Cut the salmon in 4 pieces and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the salmon pieces in a bowl, pour the soy sauce marinade over it, cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the salmon pieces into the prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. From 5 to 5 minutes brush the top with the marinade used.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and chopped green onion on top and serve immediately over rice and vegetables. Enjoy!