Ever since I saw this bloomin’ onion bread on Pinterest I just knew I have to give it a try. The melted, gooey cheese is just too tempting.
The recipe is soo easy, takes only few minutes to prepare. All you need is a good sharp knife to cut the bread either wise this could be tricky. The rest is really easy and goes fast. I cut the cheese in thin slices but grated cheese works good as well. Feel free to use any way is easier for you.
This cheesy bloomin’ onion bread is a great way to serve the bread to a gathering and everybody will be impressed. It looks and tastes soo good.
You can always change the ingredients used, you can try a different mix of cheeses, add garlic, add prosciutto or pepperoni, different herbs, any way you make will be simply great. I am sure you will feel the same once you try it out.
Recipe adapted after Changeable Table
Bloomin Onion Bread
- 1 pound (400-450 g) unsliced loaf bread
- 3.5 oz (100 g) Matured Cheddar Cheese , thinly sliced
- 3.5 oz (100g) Mozzarella Cheese , thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (70 g) butter , melted
- 1/2 cup green onions , chopped (about 4-5 green onions)
- 2 tsp flax and sesame seeds , optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C).
- Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting all the way through the bottom crust. Place it on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Combine chopped onions with butter and seeds if used.
- Arrange cheese slices between the bread cuts.
- Pour the butter-onion mixture into bread cracks.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Unwrap and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey.