As summer comes I started to enjoy no bake desserts more and more. These no-bake chocolate peanut butter bars are so easy to prepare and are totally addictive. I knew I am going to like their taste, but didn’t expect to love them so much. They also have this beautiful marbled effect on top, that hardly someone could say it takes no more than 20 minutes to prepare.
I’ve seen more similar recipes for chocolate peanut butter bars and was surprised to see that all have extra sugar, some even to 1 cup.
I added no extra sugar on these and they were sweet enough and hold their shape really well. The biscuits or graham crackers are already sweet and there is no need for extra sugar from my point of view.
You can never go wrong when pairing chocolate with peanut butter. Even if you don’t like peanut butter you are going to love these No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Bars. The flavors combine so well, a bit of sweet, salty, chocolaty, nutty flavor, mmmm…totally amazing.
You can hardly stop to one bar, therefore I suggest to freeze some bars from the beginning if you want to have for later, either wise you risk to eat them all in one day 🙂 Enjoy my friends.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 7 oz (200g) digestive biscuits (graham crackers)
- 1/3 cup (70g) unsalted butter , melted
- 1/2 cup (120g) crunchy or creamy peanut butter
- 7 oz (200g) bittersweet chocolate (55%-70% cocoa)
- 1/4 cup (60g) creamy peanut butter , divided
- Place the biscuits (or graham crackers if used) into the bowl of a food processor and blend until crumbs form. Add peanut butter and melted butter and process until completely combined and the mixture holds together.
- Slightly grease a 8×8 inch (20x20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper, in such a way that some edges are longer to make it easy to lift it up once it's set.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture into the prepared baking pan and press with the back of the spoon to create a smooth surface.
- Melt chocolate and 2 tbsp (30g) of creamy peanut butter over bain marie, over low heat. Stir until smooth. Meanwhile place the other 2 tbsp (30g) of peanut butter into a small sauce pan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Spread the chocolate over peanut butter layer. Add teaspoons of melted peanut butter on top and with a knife create swirls on the surface.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to set. Let it sit 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting. Bars can be frozen well. Enjoy!