I’ve always loved cheese balls as they are one of my favorite appetizers my mother is usually preparing for family gatherings. These cheese balls are usually fried, but as I wanted to share with you a healthier recipe, I tried baking them and I was really pleased to see that these baked cheese balls turned out really great.
Baked cheese balls are easy and quick to prepare and can make a delicious cheese appetizer perfect for any occasion. My family serve them often at holiday tables or for large family gatherings. Of course, you can still consider frying the cheese balls as well, it’s all up to you, just take in count that baking them is a lot healthier.
Baked Cheese Balls
- 3 cups grated semi-hard cheese
- 3 tbsp semolina
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp fresh dill , chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl mix the grated cheese with semolina flour. Then add the egg, salt, pepper and dill and mix thoroughly to form a dough.
- Take about 1 tbsp of mixture and shape into balls. Place the cheese balls on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15–20 minutes and another 3-5 minutes on broil.