These Butterless Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of the best cookies I’ve ever made. It is the first time trying a butterless recipe for these classic cookies and I must say I was really impressed. They turned chocolaty, soft, with an amazing flavor, you won’t miss the butter.
I really loved that they are easy and quick to prepare, no need to wait for the butter to soften, or melt, no need to refrigerate the dough before baking. With this recipe you can enjoy some soft butterless chocolate chip cookies in no minute. Hope you will try them out. Enjoy!
Butterless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups (280g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (6g) baking soda
- 2 tsp (6g) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) vegetable or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup (135g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (180g) semisweet chocolate chip (55-70% cocoa)
- extra chocolate chips for topping , optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch,and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs with oil, both sugars and vanilla extract.
- Gradually incorporate flour mixture and fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, take equal portions of dough and place on the prepared baking sheets, 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes until slightly golden on the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets until the cookies are firm enough to remove, probably another 5 minutes. While cookies are still warm add some extra chocolate chips on top. Cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!