I am glad to share with you an amazing recipe for easy and quick homemade no yeast cinnamon rolls. This time, the recipe requires no yeast and no eggs, and you don’t need more than 15 minutes to prepare the rolls and have them ready to place in the oven. Is that quick. The rolls turn really soft and fluffy, sweet and full of cinnamon flavor as any cinnamon roll should be.
The cream cheese icing is really easy to prepare and pairs so well with the doughy rolls. I must say I was quite impressed with the results and so was my family. You can try various fillings from Nutella, to ground nuts, ground poppy seeds or even jams. I have already tried some and all were simply amazing.
If you lie easy no-yeast bread recipes you may also like these No-Yeast Strawberry Rolls with cream cheese lemon icing . You can also make no-yeast donuts like these Easy Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts or these Easy No-Yeast Yogurt Donuts and No-Yeast Baked Chocolate Doughnuts.
Hope you will try these No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls and enjoy as much as we did.
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Knots- 4 ways
No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 ½ cups (310g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp (6g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 3/4 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (180g) plain yogurt
- 4 tbsp ((56g) unsalted butter , melted
- 3 tbsp (40g) butter , melted
- 1 tbsp (7g) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 oz (120g) cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (90g) powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease with butter a 10 inch (25cm) round pan.
- Prepare the dough. In a large bowl whisk together flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add plain yogurt, melted butter and milk and mix to combine. Knead for a few minutes until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- In a small bowl combine filling ingredients, sugar with melted butter and ground cinnamon and set aside until ready to use.
- On a floured surface roll the dough into a 12×14 inch (30x35cm) rectangle. Spread butter cinnamon mixture over the top of the rectangle. Roll the dough and cut into 8 equal size rolls. Place the rolls on the prepared pan with distance between them.
- Bake the rolls for about 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
- While the rolls are baking prepare cream cheese icing. In a medium bowl mix cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread the icing over the hot cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Is it possible to prepare the dough in advance and keep it for later? Like use it few hours later?
I think few hours later shoud be fine..
It sounds delicious. But Im wondering if its possible to freeze them?
Sure.. they freeze very well
Can you use greek yogurt in place of plain yogurt?
Sure.. will be as good.