These Double Chocolate Rum Cookies are one of the best chocolate cookies you can prepare for Christmas and New Year’s Eve. With their soft and chewy texture, with bits of chocolate, rum flavored, and sprinkled with flaky sea salt, it’s hard not to fall in love with them.
The rum added to these chocolate cookies brings extra flavor and makes them a perfect treat for holidays. My favorite part is the sea salt flakes which always pair so well with chocolate as it intensifies the chocolate flavor, reduce bitterness and add a bit of texture too.
These cookies are really easy and quick to prepare. You can consider making them in advance as the cookies can freeze well.
If you are in search of holiday chocolate cookies you may also like these Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies. They are rich, chocolatey soft cookies filled with a smooth and silky chocolate ganache. These Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are easy and very quick to prepare which makes them a great choice for special occasions. Also, these Candy Cane Double Chocolate Cookies look very festive and have an amazing flavor.
Hope you will give these Double Chocolate Rum Cookies a try, tag me on Instagram if you do, and enjoy!
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Almond and Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Double Chocolate Rum Cookies
Makes about 25 cookies
- 3.5 oz (100g) semisweet chocolate (55-70% cocoa), for melting
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 3/4 cup (150g) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp (15ml) rum
- 1 tsp (5ml) rum essence
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 3.5 oz (100g) semisweet chocolate chips or chunks (55-70% cocoa)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). In a medium bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and 3.5 oz (100g) semisweet chocolate together over low heat over bain marie. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Combine the eggs and sugar and beat at medium speed with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined. Add rum and rum extract.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Drop 1 tablespoon portions 2 inches (5cm) apart onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle sea salt flakes on top of each.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes — they should be slightly underbaked so the interior stays chewy and soft.
- While cookies are still warm add on top of each some extra chocolate chips to get a beautiful look. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets until the cookies are firm enough to remove, probably another 5-10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.