I have been trying for a while to create a healthier version of baked brownies and after a few trials and errors I am finally glad to share with you an amazing recipe of fudgy chocolaty brownies, that not only is refined sugar free but also uses no butter or chocolate, which means way fewer calories too. These rich and fudgy brownies are made with a base of dates, which add natural sweetness and help to bind the ingredients together. With these said, you can satisfy your sweet tooth with these amazing Refined Sugar Free Date Cocoa Brownies without feeling guilty. Isn’t this awesome?
The best part is that these brownies are not only healthier but incredibly delicious too, as they are fudgy, moist, and full of flavor. I fell in love with this recipe and will surely become a favorite in our house.
Another great thing about this recipe is that these Date Cocoa Brownies are very easy and quick to prepare. It takes no more than 10 minutes to have the batter prepared and ready to bake.
If you are in search of healthier refined sugar free desserts I highly recommend trying these Refined Sugar Free Date Cocoa Brownies. Enjoy these as an indulgent dessert or a tasty snack. If you do try them out, let me know how they turned out for you, tag me on Instagram and enjoy!
Refined Sugar Free Date Cocoa Brownies
Makes about 12 servings
- 1 ¼ cup (200g) dates
- 1/3 cup (80ml) boiling water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup (70g) coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup+1 tbsp (50g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease a 8 inch (20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper.
- Add dates and boiling water to a food processor and process until it turns into a paste.
- Transfer the date paste into a medium bowl.
- Incorporate eggs one at a time. Add melted coconut oil and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and salt and incorporate into the date mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes clean or with a few crumbs attached.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!