If you’re looking for a quick and delicious meal that’s perfect for lunch or dinner, this easy recipe for Fried Rice is an excellent choice that’s sure to please your taste buds! Not only is it quick and easy to make, but it’s also incredibly flavorful, thanks to the combination of colorful vegetables and scrambled eggs, all seasoned with a delicious blend of soy sauce, sesame oil, and oyster sauce.
Even though fried rice is best to be made with leftover rice that’s been sitting in the fridge for a day or so, you can also use fresh rice for this recipe. Just make sure to let it cool down before frying it up to ensure that it doesn’t get too sticky or clumpy. Always consider using long-grain rice for the best texture and flavor.
How to make this Fried Rice
This fried rice recipe starts by making sure you have the cooked rice, preferably one day old. But fresh will work well too if you take time to let it cool down first.
Cook onion and carrots in oil until tender, then add ginger and garlic. Add rice and cook for 3-4 minutes before adding frozen peas. Push rice to the sides of pan, scramble eggs in the center. Once the eggs are cooked, mix them in with the rice mixture and season with soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and scallions. This delicious and easy-to-make fried rice is ready to serve immediately.
Of course, one of the best things about fried rice is its versatility – you can use any combination of vegetables and proteins that you like! For a meatier version, try adding some chicken, ham, or bacon to the mix. And if you’re looking for a healthier option, why not try using cauliflower rice instead of traditional white rice? It’s a great way to cut down on carbs and boost your veggie intake at the same time!
Whether you choose to stick with the classic veggie and egg combo or experiment with different ingredients, we’re confident that you’ll love this recipe for Fried Rice. So why not give it a try and enjoy a delicious and comforting meal that the whole family will love? If you try it out, don’t forget to share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see how it turns out for you. Bon appétit!
Other easy and quick lunch and dinner recipes
If you’re in need of quick and easy meal ideas for lunch or dinner, take a look at our collection of Lunch and Dinner Recipes.
Easy Fried Rice
- 14 oz (400g) cooked rice (obtained from 3/4 cup (130g) uncooked rice) , chilled overnight
- 2 tbsp (30ml) vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (about 100g) , chopped
- 1 medium carrot (about 90g) , peeled and diced
- 2 scallions (about 30g) , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tsp (5g) minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp (15ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5ml) oyster sauce
- 1 tsp (3ml) sesame oil
- 2 small eggs
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- First, you need to make sure you have the cooked rice, preferably one day old. But fresh will work well too if you take time to let it cool down first.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and diced carrots, and cook for about 6 minutes until tender.
- Add minced ginger and garlic and cook for about 1 minute more until fragrant.
- Add rice, stir to combine and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and cook for about 2 minutes more.
- Push the rice to the sides of the pan. Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil into the center and add the eggs in the middle. Scramble the eggs and then stir them in with the rice mixture.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Stir to combine. Season if needed with more salt and pepper.
- Add chopped scallions and serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.