Skillet Chicken Fajitas are a great colorful dish perfect for lunch or dinner. Thin slices of marinated chicken with colorful peppers and thin onion strips, cooked quickly in a hot skillet and served immediately with warm tortillas and various toppings are simply a crowd pleaser and a perfect dish whenever your friends come round.
For chicken fajitas I’ve used homemade tortillas which I totally recommend as they are simply delicious and healthier than store-bought ones. To save time tortillas can easily be made in advance.
Use your favorite toppings to serve along these Skillet Chicken Fajitas, either cheese, guacamole or simply avocado slices, salsa, pico de gallo and lime juice. Enjoy!
Sriracha Chicken Wrap
Skillet Chicken Fajitas
- 1 red bell pepper , cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper , cut into strips
- 1 onion , cut into thin slices
- 1/2 tsp (1g) chilli powder
- 1 tbsp (14g) oil
- 15 mini flour tortillas (6 inch - 15 cm)
- 1 ¼ pounds (550g) skinless , boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro/parsley , chopped
- 2 tbsp (28g) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp (1g) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (1g) smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (1g) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (1g) ground cumin
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lime juice
- grated cheese
- guacamole or avocado slices
- sour cream
- In a large bowl add all the chicken marinade ingredients and mix to combine. Add chicken slices and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for 30 minutes up to 1 hr.
- Heat a large 12 inch (30cm) cast iron skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp oil.
- Add onion and peppers, chilli powder and salt and saute for 6-7 minutes until softened , stirring occasionally. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add marinated chicken into the hot skillet and cook until no longer pink and cooked through, for about 4 minutes.
- Add sauteed onions and peppers into the skillet and cook 1 minute more to heat through.
- Serve immediately with warm tortillas, your favorite toppings and enjoy.
- For the tortillas I’ve used homemade 6 inch (15 cm) flour tortillas, video recipe here.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
i dont think that i can make it like this anyway in my lifetime 🙁 it is saddening but i will do try all my best. thank you for teaching.
Aw, you just remind me that I haven’t had some amazing chicken fajitas for a long time! Yours dish looks so delicious!!!
I think oregano’s missing from the recipie. Looks very good!
Great recipe share thanks for sharing it.
Nice recipe thanks for sharing
Outstanding recipe! Tried so many other recipes prior to this which were “okay” This marinade & order which you prepare these make it just like restaurant! Used coconut aminos for Soy. Thank you soooo much for sharing!
So glad you tried these out:) send me photos by tagging me on instagram:) would love to see the results
Looks yummy 🙂 I really loved and enjoyed this recipe. Thanks for sharing the great recipe.