These Easy Blueberry Muffins are simply out of this world. I really don’t know how come I haven’t posted any Blueberry Muffin recipe so far… I usually use blueberries in so many of my recipes, from bundt cakes to berry pies, Blueberry and Lemon Cake, in Blueberry Pancakes, in raw-vegan desserts or no-bake cheesecakes. I always have blueberries on hand, either fresh or frozen, all year round.
These muffins are soft and fluffy, bursting with flavor, with a delicious crispy buttery topping, it’s hard not to fall in love with them. The recipe is easy and quick to prepare and they are made with basic ingredients you usually have in house. You must try these easy blueberry muffins, you won’t regret it. Enjoy as much as we did :).
Double Chocolate Muffins
Peach Crumble Muffins
Easy Blueberry Muffins
- 1 ¾ cups (220g) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (135g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 2 tsp (8g) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (110ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (120g) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 7 oz (200g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp (45g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter , melted
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Line a 12 cavity muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl add sugar and lemon zest. Mix to release oils from the zest and sugar becomes pale yellow.
- Add eggs and mix to combine. Gradually incorporate oil and then add buttermilk and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour with baking powder and salt. Incorporate into egg mixture. Don’t overmix.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter. (if using frozen blueberries, don’t thaw and toss them first with 1 tbsp of flour).
- Divide the batter equally into muffin cups.
- Prepare crumb topping: In a medium bowl combine sugar with flour and melted butter, using a fork.
- Divide the crumbs on top of each muffin.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Thank you very much for the recipe! First i did it with frozen blueberries and it turned out perfectly, now i decided to change them to frozen cherries and strawberries and it worked! It is so well-balanced with sweet dough and sour cherries. Thank you very much!
I wish I could add photos because they look amazing!
I am so happy I found your website, every recipe is the best! These blueberry muffins came out so fluffy and juicy… my family loved them! Thank you, Ella! I try every day something new from your recipes and every time it is incredibly delicious!
Thanks for sharing this recipe. It is a keeper! It is so awesome, I used coconut sugar for the crumb topping, it taste superb!!
These muffins are soooo good! I love the crunchy topping and hint of lemon! This will join my list of tried and true recipes to make over and over! Thank you so much for posting this recipe!!!
May i use yogurt & fresh milk to replace buttermilk?? use how many ml??
Pls advice thanks.
I made this several times. Amazing. I keep coming back to it
So happy to hear that Anda:)