Whenever you want to prepare something impressive for a party or dinner you may want to try this easy recipe for Stuffed Chicken Breast. It is fun and easy to prepare and you can use various fillings. The recipe today is just one of the suggestions.
The chicken turns tender inside, crispy on the outside and very flavorful due to the ingredients used for stuffing. The way it looks after baking is definitely worth the effort needed for preparing this recipe. Everybody is going to enjoy these colorful chicken rolls.
How to prepare stuffed chicken breasts
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (180°C).
Now, grab those chicken breasts and make them nice and flat. Use a meat mallet to gently pound them until they’re about ¼ to ½ inch (0.6-1 cm) thick.
In a small bowl, mix together some creamy cream cheese, garlic powder, chives, salt, and pepper.
Spread half of this creamy mixture onto each chicken breast. Sprinkle on some chopped sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and healthy spinach leaves. A pinch more salt and pepper will make it just right.
Roll up the chicken breasts carefully and secure them with toothpicks to keep everything together.
Grab an oven-proof skillet and heat up some olive oil. Brown those chicken rolls on all sides until they look scrumptious.
Now, pop the skillet into the oven and let the chicken bake for around 35 to 40 minutes. Keep an eye on it – you want the chicken to be cooked all the way through.
When it’s done, take the skillet out of the oven, but don’t rush! Let the chicken rest for about 15 minutes. This helps all those delicious juices settle in.
Finally, it’s time to slice up your fantastic creation and enjoy a mouthwatering meal you made with your own hands. If you try it out, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Bon appétit!
Recipe slightly adapted after JoCooks
Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves (500g)
- 1/4 cup (56g) cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2g) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chives , chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (56g) oil packed sun-dried tomatoes , chopped
- 1/2 cup (50g) mozzarella cheese
- baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180C).
- Flatten the chicken breasts using a meat mallet until they are about ¼-½ inch (0.6-1 cm) thickness.
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese with garlic powder, chives, salt and pepper.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture on each chicken breast. Top with chopped sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and spinach leaves. Add more salt and pepper and roll up the breasts securing with toothpicks.
- Heat the olive oil in a oven proof skillet and brown the chicken on all sides.
- Place skillet in oven and bake chicken for an additional 35-40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Let the chicken rest for about 15 minutes before slicing.