This Skillet Bread Four Cheese Spinach Dip is an amazing dish you can prepare whenever you have friends invited and want to get an impressive dish with less effort involved. The best part? It’s incredibly easy to prepare, and you have the option to either make the dough from scratch or utilize leftover pizza dough or store-bought dough. Whichever route you choose, the end result will be a mouthwatering delight.
Imagine serving a warm skillet filled with gooey four cheese and spinach dip, accompanied by freshly baked bread. The combination is a true crowd-pleaser, offering an explosion of flavors and textures. The dip, with its creamy and cheesy goodness, perfectly complements the bread, creating a symphony of indulgence in every bite. Trust me, your guests won’t be able to resist this irresistible pairing.
I highly recommend making the bread dough from scratch. The result? A fluffy and soft interior with a crusty, utterly delightful exterior that will have everyone reaching for seconds. The contrast in textures will take this dish to a whole new level of culinary bliss.
And here’s the best part – you can easily customize the dip to suit your tastes. If spinach isn’t your thing, simply leave it out or add any other ingredients that tickle your taste buds. This dish is incredibly versatile, allowing you to tailor it to your own preferences. Hope you will try this out and enjoy!
How to make Skillet Bread Four Cheese Spinach Dip
If making the dough from scratch start my making the dough and then prepare the spinach filling.
How to prepare the bread dough
To prepare the bread dough for the Skillet Bread Four Cheese Spinach Dip, start by stirring the yeast with sugar until it liquifies. Dissolve the yeast mixture in about ¼ cup (60 ml) of warm water. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Add the dissolved yeast, oil, and ¾ cup of warm water to the bowl. Mix everything together until well combined, and then knead the dough until it becomes smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
Next, place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and let it sit at room temperature for approximately 1 hour. This will allow the dough to rise until it has doubled in size.
Once the dough has risen, transfer it onto a floured surface. Knead the dough for a few seconds, and then divide it into 16 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball.
Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) cast iron skillet with butter, and also grease the outer side of a 5-inch (13 cm) diameter bowl. Place the greased bowl in the center of the skillet and arrange the dough balls along the outer edge of the skillet.
Brush the dough balls with melted butter, cover the skillet with plastic wrap, and let it rise for an additional 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F (180C) and prepare the spinach filling.
How to prepare the spinach filling
In a bowl, combine cream cheese and mix until smooth. Add the chopped spinach, Mozzarella cheese, Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, green onion, garlic, red pepper flakes (if desired), salt, and pepper. Mix everything together until well combined.
Remove the bowl from the center of the skillet and fill the center of the skillet with the prepared spinach dip.
Brush the dough balls with melted butter and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
Bake the skillet bread in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
Allow the Skillet Bread Four Cheese Spinach Dip to cool slightly for 5-10 minutes before serving. This will ensure that it’s at the perfect temperature for enjoying this delightful and cheesy appetizer.
Hope you will try this out. If you do, don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram posts or stories, so I can see your amazing results. Enjoy!
Other similar recipe you may like to try
This Skillet Sweet Potato Bread with Pecan Cranberry Cheese Dip is one of the most impressive and delightful dishes you can prepare for holiday gatherings. The skillet consists of fluffy and soft homemade sweet potato bread rolls ring with a warm gooey melted cheese dip with toasted pecans, dried cranberries and honey in the center.
It’s so easy to make this Garlic Cheese Monkey Bread from scratch that you don’t really need store bought dough for that. Cheese and garlic are the predominant flavors of this bread but feel free to adjust the recipe as you desire using your favorite herbs and spices. The dough does not need two rising times, you shape it and let it rise directly into the pan. It works wonderfully.
This Bloomin’ Onion Bread is a great way to serve the bread to a gathering and everybody will be impressed. The recipe is so easy, it takes only a few minutes to prepare. All you need is a good sharp knife to cut the bread. The rest is really easy and goes fast. Fill with cheese slices or grated cheese and your favorite seasonings.
Skillet Bread Four Cheese Spinach Dip
- 3 cups (375g) all purpose or bread flour
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 20 g fresh yeast (or 2 tsp active dry yeast)
- 1 cup (240ml) warm water
- 1 tsp (5g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (28ml) olive oil
Four Cheese Spinach Dip
- 8 oz (230g) spinach , frozen
- 8 oz (230g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 1 cup (100g) Mozzarella cheese , grated
- 1/2 cup (50g) Cheddar cheese , grated
- 1/4 cup (25g) Parmesan cheese , grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 spring onions , diced
- Red pepper flakes , optional
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Prepare the bread dough.
- Stir yeast with sugar until it liquifies. Dissolve in about ¼ cup (60 ml) warm water. In a large bowl mix flour with salt. Add dissolved yeast, oil and ¾ cup warm water. Mix everything together then knead until smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for about 1 hour at room temperature, to let the dough rise until doubled in size.
- Onto a floured surface turn the dough, knead for few seconds and divide into 16 pieces. Form into balls.
- Grease a 9 inch (23 cm) cast iron skillet with butter and the outer side of a 5 inch (13cm) diameter bowl. Place the bowl in the center of the skillet and arrange the dough balls around the outside of the skillet.
- Brush the dough with melted butter, Cover the skillet with plastic wrap and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 F (180C).
Prepare the spinach filling.
- In a bowl add cream cheese and mix until smooth. Add the rest of ingredients: chopped spinach, Mozzarella, Cheddar, Parmesan cheese, green onion,garlic, red pepper flakes if used, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Remove the bowl from the center of the skillet and add the spinach dip into the center of the skillet.
- Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- Let it cool slightly for 5–10 minutes before serving.